Do you have what it takes to offer in-depth knowledge to Food Clients? Are you used to managing relationships to ensure clients are consistently satisfied? Are you an Environmental Health Officer or Food Consultant looking for that next career move?
Buckingham Futures are recruiting for a Food Safety Consultant on behalf of one of the leading food safety consultancies in the UK. They work with food suppliers and manufacturers from national and international chains to local cafes, pop up restaurants, market stalls and takeaways.
Salary - £35 000 - £45 000 per annum
This role is to cover clients based in London and the home counties. Applicants MUST have a driving License to apply.
You would be collaborative, helpful, an excellent communicator, have an in-depth understanding of the food auditing sector and be able to provide coaching and advice to clients when necessary ensuring the client always receives exceptional levels of service.
- Carry out scoping visits and gather required information for primary authority. Tailor and review food safety and health and management systems and monitoring diaries.
- Deliver policy rollout training.
- Carry out food hygiene and health and safety advisory visits and audits.
- Provide reports.
- Liaise with sub-contractors, review job sheets and check their reports.
- Prepare audit round summary reports.
- Tailor course materials and deliver bespoke and Highfield Qualifications courses.
- Respond to client queries, help investigate incidents (e.g. accidents, alleged food poisonings) and confirm advice in e-mails or expert reports.
- Obtain ingredient information and provide allergen matrices for clients.
- Obtain labels and/or product specs. Examine and provide mandatory wording or expert reports.
- Develop food and environmental sampling plans. Liaise with labs and carry out sampling. Review results and devise results summary report.
- Obtain supplier information, determine suitability to supply, devise and review authorised supplier lists.
- Degree or Masters in Environmental Health
- Previous experience within Environmental Health (Government) or Consultancy
- NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma, Professional Trainer Certificate or Lead auditor qualification would be advantageous.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8125 4321.