Housing Enforcement Officer (part time)
What you’ll be doing:
- undertaking the investigation of service requests and identifying contravention of legislation and corrective action to be taken. This will include taking the appropriate action in line with the relevant policies, procedures and legislation in relation to appeals, infection, accidents, risk or other circumstances within the general purview of the section. Inspect or visit vehicles, stalls, plant or equipment
- identifying licensable premises and taking all necessary steps to licence the premises within target times, ensuring compliance of licencing conditions, and taking the relevant enforcement action
- carrying out the enforcement of legislation and other powers in a timely and efficient manner, as may be required in line with service and statutory legal guidelines. This will include the presentation of evidence at legal and other quasi-judicial hearings, as well as initiating legal action where appropriate and advising the Legal Service of technical considerations and contraventions
- preparing and dealing with correspondence, licences, briefs and other documents
- creating reports in the appropriate format including the preparation and evaluation of statistics
- carrying out specialist environmental health duties as requested and in accordance with experience and training, as well as carrying out research or survey work related to the work of the Environmental Health Department.
What we’re looking for:
- a degree in Environmental Health
- a higher certificate in food safety inspection
- EHRB registration
- technical knowledge of the relevant areas of environmental health or a willingness and ability to learn
- excellent communication skills at all levels using different techniques
- experience of drafting accurate legal documents
About Capita Local Government Services
At Government Services, we’re transforming the way governments and local councils serve the public. We’re using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. Our teams are answering 30,000 emergency service calls every day and our Ultra Low Emissions Zone is helping Londoners breath cleaner air.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary of up to £45,000 per annum
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Ample training opportunities
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Looking to discover more? Let your line manager know, then choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application and send us your CV.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.