Senior Officer Enforcement and Standards
Location: Wakefield One, Burton St, Wakefield WF1 2EB
Salary: £32,798.00 to £35,336.00, grade 9
Full time, Permeant
Job reference: 234242
An exciting opportunity has arisen due to the career advancement of the previous postholder, to support work to improve housing property conditions and contribute towards the Council’s Housing Plan priorities.
The position is within a small team, in Strategic Housing, that deals with improving the conditions within the private rented sector in Wakefield. The role will be tasked with a range of work including:
- Responding to complaints and enquiries regard private rented property conditions
- Houses in Multiple Occupation licensing
- Private landlord accreditation
- Providing advice and support to private landlords, tenants and homeowners
- Proactive private rented property enforcement In line with relevant legislation
There will be direct responsibility for investigations, enforcement of available legislation and other intervention action. Out of hours work may also be required on occasion. Applicants will need to be enthusiastic, good team workers, with commitment, flexibility, and the ability to work on their own initiative. A degree in Environmental Health or relevant equivalent qualification is required. Experience and knowledge of the private rented sector would be advantageous.
- Generous Grade 9 salary
- Up to 30 days annual leave holiday + up to 15 days/year flexi leave allowance
- Hybrid working including working from home
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Training opportunities
- Discounted and subsidised public transport
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. It is advisable to apply early to avoid disappointment as applications will be assessed on a regular basis
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Jim Goldthorpe.
Tel: 07979997324 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11th December 2022