Buckingham Futures have taken on an excellent opportunity for a Senior Trading Standards in the east of England to a lead role in enforcing and seeking compliance with consumer legislation.
- Enforce trading standards legislation by inspection, investigation, sampling and other means.
- Investigate offences under trading standards legislation and take appropriate action under the Council’s Enforcement Policy, including conducting interviews in accordance with PACE 1984 and all other relevant legislation.
- Collect evidence and prepare case reports for possible prosecution in accordance with Council policy and attend legal proceedings, where necessary, on behalf of the Council.
- Undertake sampling of goods and services to determine if breaches of trading standards legislation are occurring, and take appropriate action under the Council’s Enforcement Policy.
- Enforce relevant Age Restricted Products legislation, including test purchasing using children under 18 as volunteer test purchasers.
- Issue licences and notices under relevant trading standards legislation.
- Advise businesses & traders of their legal obligations relating to civil and criminal trading standards legislation.
Diploma in Trading Standards or equivalent.
Experience & Knowledge
- 2 years minimum post qualification experience of an enforcement role within Trading Standards
- Previous experience of enforcing weights and measures legislation
- Knowledge of criminal legislation relating to Trading Standards.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com