Applicants should also be able to demonstrate a flexible and organised approach to their work and have good communication and interpersonal skills. Applicants should be confident in the use of Microsoft Office applications and CAD 2015 LT. Knowledge or experience of site supervision of building projects would be an advantage.
- To assist in the delivery of the Division’s service objectives by providing a full range of the technical duties, commensurate with the grading and nature of the post, which will include:
- Investigating complaints from members of the public, interviewing the complainant and other parties as necessary, collecting information and reporting in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Advising individuals of the requirements of the relevant legislation and attempting to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- Investigating and reporting on statutory or other public health-related nuisances and taking action as instructed.
- Contributing to the provision of training courses.
- Carrying out surveys of properties and taking subsequent appropriate action in connection with:
- Interpretation of architectural drawings and structural reports,
- Assessment of conditions using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System in properties across all tenures,
- The implementation of policies and procedures in relation to the provision of disabled facilities grants.
- Assisting in the assembling of information on the conditions and improvement potential of all dwellings within the Borough.
- Contributing to public participation meetings, manning of information centres etc. designed to publicise and promote aspects of the Division’s work. This may involve working outside of ‘normal’ office hours; in addition, this may involve travelling to venues outside of the Borough.
- To maintain all appropriate records which may be required by management including any data which may be required for use in connection with any legal proceedings.
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety and co-operate with management, so far as is necessary, to enable compliance with the authority’s health and safety rules and legislative requirements.
- To assist in the training and development of staff and to undertake such personal training as may be deemed necessary to meet the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grading and nature of the post.
- Educated to degree level in Environmental Health, Housing or Surveying or the equivalent substantial demonstrable level of knowledge gained through directly relevant works experience.
- Experience in the inspection of premises and production of statutory notices, schedules of work, technical reports and plans.
- Sound knowledge of building construction practices and procedures.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com
NB - This role can be either full or part-time and can cater for 100% remote working.