Our client in Wiltshire is recruiting for a Licencing Specialist to undertake the enforcement of taxi licensing, investigating into conduct of taxi drivers and compliance with taxi guidance general licensing queries and providing advice.
Rate: £35-40 per hour
3 month contract
The role involves the licensing of taxi and private hire vehicles, as well as being involved in enforcing a range of licensing legislation.
· Carrying out inspections, surveys and investigations in respect of both council’s duties and responsibilities under all relevant licensing legislation.
· Investigate complaints and service requests and take appropriate action.
· Provide specialist and expert advice and guidance to licensees, applicants and the general public.
· Prepare and progress licensing reports for council committees, panels and other meetings as required.
· Awareness of the legislative frameworks, key issues and working practices relevant to the work of local authority licensing – including taxis and private hire, Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005 and other similar statutory licensing regimes.
· Awareness of appropriate codes of practice, guidance documents, industry advice and other reliable sources of information.
· Awareness of the principles of intelligence lead enforcement.
· NQF Level 3 qualification e.g. AS and A levels, NVQs Level 3, Applied A Levels, BTEC First Certificates and Diplomas, City and Guilds Advanced Craft Part 3, or NQF Level 4 Certificates of Higher Education Or evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for these roles and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com