Our client in Gloucestershire is recruiting for an EHO/Environmental Protection Officer to advise and give guidance on environmental health matters starting ASAP.
Contract length: up to 6 months
Full time contract (37 hours per week)
Rate: circa £30-£38 per hour (DoE
· Carry out the Council's responsibilities under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 as determined by the Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
· Carry out the Council's responsibilities under the Pollution Prevention and Control Act 1990 and other associated legislation as relevant to the Environmental Protection Section, as determined by the Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
· Undertake and manage complex investigations in the field of noise nuisance as well as deal with domestic noise issues.
· Undertake acoustic assessments and noise surveys with reference to relevant British and Industry Standards. Authoring expert acoustic reports for the purpose of providing evidence in support of criminal and civil proceedings.
· A post-graduate diploma/ MSc in Acoustics or Degree in Environmental Health
· Previous work experience working within environmental protection for a local authority
· A working knowledge of Covid-19 rules and regulations would be advantageous
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact me on 020 8125 4321 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org