My client in South London is seeking a MEES Project Officer to join their team for an interim project.
- To take a lead role in the day to day delivery of project work related to MEES, including enforcement and awareness raising, working to set deadlines for delivery and target outcomes.
- To work closely and collaboratively with colleagues internally across the Council including Private Sector Housing Team as well as external partners from other councils to ensure successful delivery of project objectives.
- To provide advice, support and guidance on MEES regulation compliance to frontline staff and external contacts including private landlords, registered social landlords, the private housing sector.
- To develop accurate, appropriate and effective communications materials to raise awareness of MEES regulations and inform the council’s landlords and private rented sector of the expected compliance with those regulations and penalties for non-compliance.
- To develop and implement processes and inspection plans to check for compliance of MEES regulations within the private rented sector in the borough working and to undertake compliance checks within set deadlines.
- To undertake necessary enforcement actions where non-compliance is identified in line with the Councils enforcement policy and using a range of intervention tools available under the legislation, including warning letters, notices and financial penalties.
- Keep abreast of policy development, legislation and research related to the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards regulations and related legislation. To act as appoint of contact and specialist in this area for the Council.
Key Skills/ Qualifications
- Good understanding of the current local and national agendas around any of the following - Trading Standards, Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards, Energy Performance Certificates, Housing Standards or other related fields
- Good understanding of principles of effective enforcement and encouraging compliance.
- Awareness of the principles and application of RIPA, PACE & CPIA
To register your interest, please either call 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.