Environmental Health Officer or Environmental Protection Officer
Grade H: £30,984 - £34,373 per annum
Post No: CE363
Permanent – 37 Hours per week
Benefits to you:
- Flexitime Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Council Leisure Centre Membership
- 25 days holiday and 30 days after 5 years continuous service
- Essential Car User Allowance
- Cycle Scheme
- Free Parking
- Payment of one professional fee per annum
- Opportunities for ongoing training & professional development
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Environmental Protection Team, where you can use your skills to make a real difference. We regulate processes, monitor compliance, investigate incidents, and enforce the law whilst embracing novel approaches and solutions. You will be a key member of our team and be involved in all aspects of Environmental Protection work, of which you will already have knowledge and experience.
You will be given every opportunity to take on responsibility, developing projects and making full use of your skills. There will be opportunities for you to get involved with Environmental Permitting, nuisance investigation, envirocrime, public health and animal welfare functions, which also fall within the Team’s remit.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- A BSc or MSc in environmental health, environmental science, pollution control, chemistry, geography or similar discipline.
- For the EHO role, EHRB or Environmental Health Practitioner Registration.
- Post qualification experience in one or more specialist areas.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise.
- Assertiveness and ability to work under pressure.
- Investigative, research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
If you want to find out more, for an informal discussion please contact either David Prosser-Davies on 01543 464202 firstname.lastname@example.org or Rob Watson on 01543 464694 email@example.com
To apply for this vacancy online please go to https://cannock.engageats.co.uk/welcome.aspx
Alternatively, please telephone 01543 462621 or write to HR Services, Cannock Chase Council, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1BG or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting post number CE363.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday 29 May 2022.
THE COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER