ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TEAM MANAGER (COMMERCIAL AND LICENSING)
Hours: 37 per week
Starting Salary: £45,648 - £49,749 per annum (City Pay Band 8)
Location: Cambridge and Working from Home
Closing Date: 12 noon, 8th June 2022
Interviews: Week Commencing 20th June 2022
Cambridge has a clear vision in promoting the city as a great place to live, learn and work and where we care for the planet and the people of Cambridge. As part of this we have a unique opportunity for you to join us to make a difference and to protect the city.
We’re looking to recruit a progressive and enthusiastic individual who is ready to be a part of a dynamic team in an organisation where Environmental Health is an important and highly regarded service.
You will play a pivotal role in:
- Focusing on ensuring that standards are secure in relation to all commercial premises in accordance with legislation
- Leading a team who are passionate about what they do and where their remit covers food safety, health & safety, infectious disease control, statutory nuisance, licensed premises and taxi licensing to name but a few
- The delivery of the food service and act as the food lead on behalf of the Council
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A proven track record of achievement in problem solving and achieving compliance
- Excellent people management experience and communication skills
- The ability to interpret and apply legislation, communicate well at all levels, prepare, and write reports and be able to present facts and negotiate in a balanced manner
- Experience of working with the public, carrying out investigations and inspections and a knowledge of food safety, health and safety legislation
- The drive to deliver on other aspects of Environmental Health such as licensing and statutory nuisance
We encourage agile working arrangements, and this fantastic opportunity will require a flexible approach. We want you to show us your ambition, along with your up-to-date knowledge of current legislation and practice, to support our values and deliver a high-quality service to the City of Cambridge.
A degree or diploma in Environmental Health and Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Registration Board, and experience in food and health and safety law is essential.
Maybe you have reached your personal and professional goals in your current role or are looking to take your next step, perhaps considering a sideways move into a really interesting and important area of work or to develop your career? Could this role be your next step?
In return we can offer:
Family friendly policies Generous annual leave allowance; 24 days’ per annum, rising to 29 days’ after five years continuous service; plus 8 days public holidays. Access to the highly valued Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) Agile and flexible working A variety of learning and development opportunities via a range of sources and methods Confidential advice and support via the Employee Assistance Programme Health and wellbeing programme for staff Subsidy for public transport Staff Reward and Recognition Framework
We would love to chat to you more about this exciting role and tell you all about our team and what we do. If you would like to find out more, please contact Yvonne O’Donnell, Environmental Health Manager on 01223 457951 or email email@example.com
To download one of our information packs that tells you all about the City Council, information on our Benefits and Working for Us; or to make an application please click here (link to be included).