Environmental Health Officer / Technical Officer - Housing
Salary: HC06 -HC08 - £22,129 - £34,373 per annum
(Technical Officer salary HC6 £22,129 - £25,927. EHO / Graduate EHO salary HC7-HC8 £25,927 - £34,373)
Closing Date: Noon on 10/06/2022
Interview Date: w/c 20/06/2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in the Environmental Health Service of Herefordshire Council covering Hereford City and its beautiful rural surroundings including the County towns of Leominster, Ross-on-Wye, Ledbury and Kington. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Environmental Health Practitioner / Housing Surveyor with experience in housing regulation (including use of the housing health and safety rating system (HHSRS)) or a Graduate Environmental Health Practitioner who is keen to take on challenges and embrace future opportunities within Environmental Health starting in the field of housing regulation.
This is a career graded post between HC6 - HC8 dependant on professional qualification and experience. Technical Officers / Surveyors must as a minimum have relevant A level qualifications (or equivalent) and ideally regulatory experience. Environmental Health Practitioners must have an Environmental Health degree accredited by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH). Graduate Environmental Health Practitioners should also be committed to gaining Environmental Health Practitioner registration with the CIEH. In return, the Council will provide you with the support and opportunity to develop professional skills and competencies across all intervention areas including pollution control, air quality, occupational health and safety, housing standards, food safety, and infectious disease.
We would welcome applicants who have housing experience but do not necessarily have a CIEH accredited EHO degree.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Charles Yarnold - Environmental Health Service Manager, on 01432 260765 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com