I am currently working with a client based in the South West, along the coast and they're on the lookout for a Private Sector Housing Officer who has experience with dealing with empty homes on a full time basis.
The contract is starting off at 6 months with likely extension to 12. Please see below for contract details and duties / responsibilities...
Day to day duties
- Undertake inspections in private housing using the Housing, Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) to identify deficiencies in empty homes.
- Carry out investigations of empty homes, working with multi agency partners as necessary. Including collation of evidence, undertaking inspection and serving statutory notices as required.
- To provide clear and detailed advice in response to queries about the application and enforcement of complex legislation and management regulations to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Prepare notices in line with legislative requirements and schedules where necessary which set out works required to bring properties up to statutory and council standards.
- Take action where necessary to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, including the preparation and service of statutory notices, orders and demands in accordance with prescribed forms and procedures.
- Prepare papers and legal statements, and represent the Council in First Tier Tribunal-Property Chamber (Residential Property) appeals and provide expert witness evidence.
- Organise default works including preparation of work schedules, checking returned tenders and ensuring works are carried out to an acceptable standard
If you're interested in the position please don't hesitate to get in touch!