Buckingham Futures are recruiting for a Private Sector Housing Administrative Officer on behalf of our Local Authority client based in Kent to provide technical administrative support across the areas covered within the Private Sector Housing function.
- Provision of general administrative support across the teams within Environmental Health.
- Dealing with and responding to requests, enquiries, complaints and correspondence from customers, members, businesses, other departments and external agencies, responding where able or escalating where appropriate.
- Preparing correspondence, licence documents, legal notices, records, reports and statements of evidence as appropriate and necessary.
- Administering team processes and providing support to officers to ensure the effective delivery of the work of the team.
- Assisting with the investigation of service issues and complaints in accordance with the Council policies/procedures and contract specifications.
- Promoting best practice relating to business continuity, civil contingencies, cleansing services, dog control, enviro-crimes, environmental permitting, food hygiene/safety, private water supplies, health and safety (including Corporate Health and Safety), licensing, waste and recycling services and any other EH related matters.
- Experience of performing administrative duties
- Experience of dealing with customers on the telephone and giving advice or signposting enquiries
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes and Civica App.
- Experience of inputting and collating data
- Knowledge/experience of Local Government
- Knowledge/experience of one or more areas of Environmental Health would be highly advantageous.
This position would suit an Administrative Officer with Local Authority experience or a recent Environmental Health graduate.
If you are interested in learning more about the role, please get in touch by calling 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com.