Noise Assessment Specialist (Construction)
Birmingham or London
This is a key role within HS2 providing specialist technical support on construction noise and vibration for all phases of the project. You will work in collaboration with the supply chain as well as HS2 colleagues to ensure project commitments relating to construction noise and vibration are delivered and timescales are met with value for money at the forefront of all decisions. The role will include working with a wide range of stakeholders including contractors, government decision and policy makers and those impacted by the project.
About the role:
- Support the Head of Noise Assessment in the development and implementation of procedures and processes as appropriate to ensure construction noise and vibration requirements are clearly defined and well understood;
- Provide technical assessment and review of HS2’s contractors deliverables relating to construction noise and vibration and assist in the planning and implementation of Best Practicable Means in the management of construction noise and vibration;
- Provide construction noise and vibration expertise to support hybrid bills and associated tasks, including Environment Statements, Petitioner responses and Parliamentary Queries;
- Monitor and report the performance of HS2 contractors in the delivery of HS2’s noise and vibration policies with support from HS2’s noise and vibration managers;
- Work with Phase One and Phase Two in providing support and specialist construction noise and vibration expertise;
- Participate in the Environment team’s wider objectives and work closely with them to achieve noise objectives;
- Represent Technical Services Delivery Directorate at noise/acoustic technical meetings with stakeholders as required;
- Engage pro-actively with stakeholders and statutory bodies;
- Work with Phase One and Phase Two to ensure consistency of approach, promote best practice and value for money;
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work. Support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical specialists, non-technical project managers and technical stakeholders;
- Ability to monitor performance and consistency of construction noise management across multiple contracting organisations;
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, technical guidance, industry standards and best practice in relation to construction noise and vibration matters;
- Understanding of environmental noise and health and sustainability principles;
- Experience of assessment and management of noise and vibration issues associated with major construction projects;
- Experience in application of noise and vibration control methods to reduce noise and vibration on construction sites.
We operate broad pay scales for all our roles to enable us to fulfil our commitments to inclusivity and career development. Final package is dependent on individual knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, we offer a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
Closing date: 18 February 2022.