Our client in Kent is recruiting for a Graduate Environmental Health Officer/Private Sector Housing Officer to investigate complaints and undertake the inspection of private sector dwellings and take action to ensure the health and safety of the occupants and that their homes are well managed. It should be noted that this project will be specifically focused on Caravan Licencing and the development of the officer into that specific field.
Professional & Technical Accountabilities
- Investigate complaints of poor housing conditions and undertake inspections of private sector housing to assess potential hazards under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
- To undertake the inspection of HMOs in relation to the Council’s licensing function management regulations and to assess conditions in relation to the HHSRS.
- Prepare letters notices and schedules of work necessary to bring properties up to current statutory and Council standards and take appropriate enforcement action to secure necessary improvements.
- To provide property owners members of the public and businesses with general advice about the statutory requirements and guidance with regard to housing standards and management.
- To identify empty homes and bring them back into use through dealing with complex complaints and enquiries concerning empty properties and where necessary, undertake detailed inspections and take appropriate enforcement actions.
- Degree in Environmental Health Housing or a Building related subject.
- Qualified HHSRS practitioner
To register your interest, please either call us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com.