Reporting to the Unit Manager of Manal Food Factory this role will be responsible for driving the companies HSEQ agenda. Specific duties include:
- Leading the HSEQ department to ensure the business meets regulatory compliance as well as meeting specified customer standards.
- Ensuring appropriate documented policies, processes and procedures are in place and that these are being properly followed. Managing the ISO 22000 and laboratory certification.
- Continuous improvement of HSEQ performance using a risk based, problem solving approach to drive operational change.
- Driving improvements in the workplace HSEQ culture by promoting its importance through awareness campaigns, training and measured performance KPI’s.
- Providing expert guidance, advice and problem-solving support to fellow members of the management team.
- Supporting product development and advising on necessary process controls to deliver reliable extended shelf-life products.
- Setting the annual HSEQ budget including manpower and capital expenditure.
- Overseeing the functioning of the microbiology laboratory to validate hygiene management controls and help drive further improvements.
- Managing the kitchen cleaning and sanitization function
- Investigating and taking the lead on accidents, alleged food poisonings, foreign objects and quality complaints, assessing adequacy of existing controls to prevent reoccurrence and to reassure customers.
- Liaise with enforcement authorities and external auditors.
We are keen to find someone that is resilient, self-motivated and capable of working on their own initiative to help move the business forward. We have a busy agenda ahead of us building up the production output and working closely with partners on projects related to the FIFA World Cup. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of managing both food safety and health & safety in a food production environment
- The ability to manage and influence colleagues to demonstrate YoY performance improvements.
- A relevant degree and CIEH membership.
- The ability to build a rapport and work effectively with Manal team members, enforcement authorities, external auditors and customers.
- Product quality expertise and product development experience would be desirable.
The role is based in Qatar and the successful candidate would need to relocate to Doha.
This appointment would be subject to satisfactory professional references and the provision of the documents necessary to secure a Qatari residence visa.