We’ve got a fantastic job for a Regional Food Safety Manager to join our field based team in the Northamptonshire or North Hertfordshire area.
The role will support our stores to uphold all elements of safety and legality, support of Logistics will also be required occasionally.
Applicants should be subject matter experts who will relish in a role where they will have specific responsibility for food safety, and will work to ensure the safety of our customers and colleagues as well as legality of our Brand. This role also supports stores in Trading Standards & Health & Safety matters, knowledge of these areas would be an advantage but full training would be provided.
The working pattern for this role is 5 days per week of 8 hours per day, based from home and traveling to retail stores most days.
Role Responsibilities (this list is not exhaustive);
- Provide a food safety management service for senior retail and logistics teams, stores and logistics sites, to ensure safety is paramount
- Proactively attend regional and site meetings to build engagement with the senior teams, to provide information and trends which identify key concerns and to offer solutions for improvement
- Manage/ coordinate activity where serious safety or legality concerns have been identified and work with stores and sites to demonstrably improve standards
- Work with stakeholders to manage Enforcement activity, arrange for any necessary support, disseminate information and liaise with Enforcement Officers to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- Provide a reactive service for serious food safety, trading standards and health & safety issues and incidents
- Support the central teams by providing timely information and advice
- Use a partnership approach in order to coach Regional Managers, Store/Site Managers and colleagues in the required safe and legal standards/ general good practice
- Work in partnership with the Training & other Regional Teams.
- Build strong relationships with the retail management teams in order to be recognised as the main point of contact for all technical queries
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to effectively promote safety and legality
- Manage the stores improvement processes where risks are identified.
- Review trends and other data to proactively identify where improvements can be made and work with Stakeholders to implement
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Degree in Food Science, Food Technology or a closely related discipline
- Post-graduate experience in a food safety role
- Food Safety or Safe & Legal auditing experience
- Lead Assessor Qualification
- Recognised HACCP Qualification to at least Intermediate Level
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of catering, retail or manufacturing and the required food safety controls
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety legislation and its requirements
- An appreciation of the microbiological safety and quality aspects of high risk products
- A good understanding of food safety / quality management systems
- Knowledge of Retail operations
- Customer focussed with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
Applications are via the Morrisons Careers Site