Buckingham Futures are recruiting for an Environmental Enforcement Officer in Lincolnshire to assist in the day-to-day monitoring and enforcement of environmental issues and contraventions of relevant legislation. This role will largely be focused on fly-tipping offences and will be part-time (up to three days per week).
The key roles of this post will include:
- Identifying contraventions and issuing Fixed Penalty Notices using handheld terminals or manual systems when necessary, reporting any other environmental, parking, and community safety problems to relevant departments or agencies where appropriate.
- Provide advice and education to members of the public on flyposting.
- Maintain accurate records of activities, Fixed Penalty Notices issued and evidence required for court proceedings.
- Attend Court proceedings to support prosecutions where required.
- Maintain a suitable level of knowledge of relevant legislation (including but not limited to Cleaner Neighbourhoods & Environment Act 2005, the Environmental Protection Act 1990, PACE 1984, RIPA 2000)
- Undertake administrative duties as required, ensuring that correct audit procedures and security arrangements are followed.
- Synchronise FPN and photographic evidence from handheld terminals and/or digital cameras.
- Enforcement work or a Regulatory Function
- Surveillance work and data gathering
- Producing reports and KPI data
- Presenting evidence at Court
- Customer engagement
- Conflict management
- Liaison with emergency services
- Using handheld computer terminals
- IT systems including MS Office
- Partnership working
If you have the right skills, experience, and qualifications for this role and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org