Environmental Health Officer (Housing)
Private Sector Housing
£32,910 - £35,745 per annum
37 hours per week
We are looking for a qualified Environmental Health Officer to join the Private Sector Housing team. Your role will be to carry out the professional duties of an Environmental Health Officer; to protect the public, the environment and to provide a fair and safe business environment.
The main duties will be to respond to service requests for disrepair, and licensing Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO's). You will be:
- Responsible for the delivery of operational functions through audit/interventions, investigations, surveys, sampling, monitoring, projects, dealing with service requests and provision of advice and guidance on all housing aspects designated to the post to determine compliance with legal requirements.
- Responsible for the delivery of service priorities and aims assigned to the post, to achieve the Council's Better Homes for All objectives.
- Accurate in recording information, intelligence and evidence, and able to input, interrogate, analyse data and produce reports and returns related to the requirements of the post.
- Able to analyse intelligence, gather evidence, prepare and serve legal notices and papers, statements, case files and other legal documents as may be necessary and to attend Court and other formal legal hearings.
- Able to contribute to the development of strategies, procedures and policies in areas assigned to the post.
- This post may be expected to deputise for the Lead environmental Health Officer (Housing) or the Private Sector Housing Manager in a professional capacity