Buckingham Futures are recruiting for a Trainee Environmental Investigations Officer in Dorset on behalf of our Private Sector client to assist in the day-to-day monitoring and enforcement of environmental issues and contraventions of relevant legislation. This is a very exciting opportunity for anyone wanting to make a start in the Environmental Enforcement Sector. Full training, uniform and equipment will be provided.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Inspecting public areas, identifying contraventions, reporting any other environmental, parking, and community safety problems to relevant departments or agencies where appropriate.
- When possible to carry out educational visits to advise on environmental issues such as littering, dog fouling, graffiti, and flytipping and the associated legislation and penalties attached to these.
- Provide advice and education to members of the public on issues such as dog fouling, littering, flyposting, and graffiti.
- Maintain accurate records of activities and evidence required for court proceedings.
- Attend Court proceedings to support prosecutions where required.
- Undertake administrative duties as required, ensuring that correct audit procedures and security arrangements are followed.
- Synchronise FPN and photographic evidence from handheld terminals and/or digital cameras.
No experience is required, but it is imperative that you have the right mindset and sense of professionalism for the role.
Paying £10 - 11ph PAYE & a guarantee of 40hrs work per week.
If you have the right skills, experience, and qualifications for this role and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org