Senior Environmental Health Officer
£40,869 - £42,855 pa inclusive
The Workplace Safety team solves complex problems every day in the name of our core mission to provide a safer community and to encourage business to comply with the law.
But what makes working at Ealing truly unique is the workplace culture that encourages innovation and effectiveness. The workload is complex and ever changing but for the right candidate provides an exciting opportunity to apply and develop your skills in a fast paced but supportive work environment confident that you are making a positive contribution to the safety of the businesses in the area.
The Workplace safety team at Ealing Council is highly motivated and gets the job done. If you want to excel in the field of Environmental Health by gaining experience in all aspects of the Health & Safety as well as Infectious Diseases management, we offer more than just the basics. To fit into the team you must be ambitious, motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about workplace safety with excellent people skills.
To be successful in this role you must have one or more the following qualifications:
- Professional qualification of competence to undertake Health and Safety investigations e.g. NEBOSH/ IOSH Certificate
- A Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or Health and Safety
- Be a qualified Environmental Health Officer eligible for registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board (EHORB).
You must also be able to show that you possess:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework relating to health and safety
- Experience of undertaking RIDDOR investigations, complaint handling and taking subsequent enforcement action
- Excellent communication, teamwork and workload management skills.
- A solution focussed approach.
Located in the heart of West London Ealing comprises seven distinct town centres - Ealing, Southall, Hanwell, Acton, Northolt, Perivale and Greenford. Each of these areas has unique characteristics, and together they form one of the most vibrant and diverse communities in Britain. Ealing also has a strong economic centre with more than 130,000 businesses of which nearly 3,000 are food businesses and a workforce of around 150,000 people, about a third of whom travel in from outside the borough.
We would welcome applications from candidates who do not fulfil all of the criteria.
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
This role is subject to Ealing Council’s enhanced vetting process.
Closing date: 20 January 2022