Our client based in Suffolk is seeking a Private Sector Housing Manager to develop and agree on the strategic direction of Private Sector Housing within the borough.
- Be responsible for the overall management of Private Sector Housing which includes the licensing and enforcement teams.
- Provide corporate advice on all services and represent the Council on cross-borough and London-wide groups.
- Deliver on performance and quality improvement targets through effectively leading and nurturing others and employing innovative approaches to achieve results.
- Monitor, manage and control the service budgets and any contracted out services, to secure strong financial planning and control, optimise value for money (efficiency and effectiveness) and improve the quality of service within budget.
- Effectively maximise resources required to deliver business as usual services and transformation through clearly defining priorities and driving through results.
- Lead on the effective implementation of key priorities and initiatives like the new IT systems and the all borough licensing scheme.
- Work collaboratively to support the delivery of the councils business plan priorities and the corporate strategy.
- Lead the Council’s Private Sector Housing within a performance, risk management and value for money framework such as leading on delivery of improvements in quality and regulation in the private rented sector through robust licensing and enforcement.
- Minimum 5 year's staff management experience
- Diploma/Bsc/ Msc in Environmental Health or HHSRS Certificate
- Excellent knowledge of legislation, policy, procedures and practices in relation to private sector housing
- Able to analyse technical and financial information and make sound judgements
- Able to produce clear, concise and persuasive written reports on complex issues.
- Well developed and wide-ranging negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent IT and keyboard skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office
Paying circa £45 - 51k P.A., dependent on skills/ experience.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8125 4321.