Reporting to the Commercial Director and Group Health & Safety Director, this role will be responsible for driving and delivering the strategic HSE agenda for the Company. Specific duties will include:
- Supporting the operations teams in relation to Food Safety and Health and Safety
- Linking the HSE strategy to business objectives and identifying key strengths and weaknesses to continuously improve safety standards and drive-up audit scores, reduce LTi and RIDDOR accidents.
- Continuously assess risk and need across the Caterlink estate
- Provide expert guidance, advice, coaching and mentoring to ensure high standards of safety performance.
- Develop, engage and roll out contract/location initiatives, cascade information, systems etc in a systematic and timely way to achieve company, client and customers’ expectations.
- Monitor, review, report and continuously improve all Caterlink location Food Hygiene Rating Scores.
- Investigate and lead on accident, incident, allergen and alleged food poisoning investigations, assess adequacy of existing controls, prevent reoccurrence and ensure the reduction of reputational risk.
- Manage any statutory investigations by HSE or Local Food relevant regulatory authorities
- To liaise with enforcement agencies, external auditors and primary authority partner..
- Drive and influence the safety culture within the company
We are looking for a resilient, flexible and self motivated individual to work with us. It’s a busy role and as we work within schools we pack a lot into the 190 we operate throughout the academic year, but this does leave room to catch up during the school holidays.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience of managing both food safety & H&S performance in a contract and/or hospitality organisation. Education or Local government desirable
- Proven leadership skills in managing and influencing safety professionals and operations with considerable gravitas and demonstrable results in improved YoY safety performance
- CIEH or IOSH membership desirable
- Experience working within a relevant regulatory setting desirable
- Ability to work effectively with relevant enforcement authorities
- Minimum NEBOSH Diploma and a L4 Food Safety qualification or qualified Environmental Health Officer. Ideally degree educated.
Extensive Uk travel is required including the occasional over night stay
“Caterlink is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure must be obtained for this role’’
This appointment is offered on return of satisfactory professional references.