Our client in North West London is looking to appoint a Licensing Enforcement Officer to join their team there. The role will require the post holder to visit the office so please keep that in mind when applying.
1. Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities,
Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
2. To carry out inspections, surveys and investigations in respect of the Council's duties and
responsibilities under all relevant licensing legislation often in challenging situations and
working in conjunction with other teams as required.
3. Investigate complaints and service requests and take appropriate action.
4. To provide specialist and expert advice and guidance to licensees, applicants, general
public, Councillors and colleagues on licensing matters, and in particular to interpret new
and existing legislation to assess their implications for the community.
5. Undertake enforcement duties in accordance with the service enforcement policy. Prepare
cases and evidence for legal proceedings. To appear and give expert evidence at Court,
Tribunal or other statutory Hearing.
6. To obtain and consider all available evidence and best practice advice; to undertake
consistent, proportionate, targeted, accountable and transparent enforcement action to
resolve any identified non-compliances. This may include seizure (including cash),
prohibition, closure, etc. and preparation and service of statutory or fixed penalty notices,
simple cautions and other legal documents. Where authorised, to execute delegated
enforcement powers and act as an Authorised Officer or signatory of the Council.
This assignment will be a minimum of 3 months with a likely extension thereafter. You must have knowledge of Licensing Act, Gambling Act and street trading. The pay for this assignment is £22/hour umbrella