Environmental Health Officer (Food Safety)
£33,782 - £38,890
Liverpool is a vibrant, rapidly changing city which presents excellent opportunities for both work and leisure.
We are looking for one experienced, motivated and enthusiastic Environmental Health Officers that have the relevant qualifications to inspect the full range of commercial businesses under food safety and health and safety legislation.
Duties will include statutory food hygiene and health and safety inspections, complaint investigations, infectious disease control, food sampling, accident investigations, and commercial drainage investigations.
Experience, qualification and any mandatory requirements:
- Qualified Environmental Health Officer
- Have EHRB registration or equivalent
- Competent as defined by the FSA Code of Practice for Food Enforcement
- Desirable recent experience of enforcing food safety legislation
- We will consider applications from recently qualified practitioners or recent graduates who will complete their environmental health qualification in the near future
You will be an excellent communicator and capable of using your own initiative and working with minimum supervision.
Liverpool City Council is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe that the decision to appoint should be based upon whether an individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, and abilities make them the most suitable candidate for the role.
If you require any reasonable adjustments in line with the Equality Act 2010 such as the application form in a different format or additional time to complete your application, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org