Senior Food Safety Officer
Management Grouping: Place
Team: Food Safety
Salary: £ 34,665 - £40,788 pro rata
Contract: Permanent / 18 hours per week
Job reference: PL00000260
A vacancy has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced food safety professional to work in the Food Safety Team.
You will hold a degree or a diploma in Environmental Health or a related subject or have significant experience in environmental health food and safety regulation and be able to meet the competencies for authorised Food Officers in accordance with the Food Law Code of Practice.
Depending upon qualifications and experience you will:
- Carry out food hygiene and food standards inspections of high and medium risk food premises, and premises requiring “approval” under product specific hygiene regulations.
- Undertake a programme of formal food sampling for examination and analysis.
- Investigate consumer complaints relating to food and food premises
You will have experience of inspecting a wide range of premises and of dealing with the public, businesses, and food safety professionals. You will be experienced and competent in preparing legal documents, conducting PACE interviews, and initiating and satisfactorily concluding appropriate enforcement action. You will be able to demonstrate competency at the levels required for the post.
The ability to travel around the Borough is essential.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 25 days pro rata Annual Leave (rising to 28 days pro rata after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 01/12/2021
- CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: to be confirmed
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
The Council reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy and may do so at any point up to and including where offers of employment have been made, if a suitable redeployee who is otherwise at risk of redundancy is identified for this role.