Buckingham Futures have an exclusive opportunity in the East of England for an experienced individual to join our client as their new Corporate Manager for Public Protection.
Salary - £52,015 - £58,974 per annum
About the role
You will lead and manage the activities of;
- The Food and Safety team in protecting and improving the public health, health promotion and health protection duties in respect of food hygiene, effective control of disease outbreaks, the prevention of accidents and reduction of harm from workplace activities and the health and safety of water supplies.
- The Sustainable Environmental team in protecting and promoting a cleaner, safer and attractive environment through regulation, enforcement and promotion of environmental protection, public health, waste and licensing legislation.
- The Licensing team in providing a safe, healthy and thriving licensed economy by ensuring licensed activities and events are safe, well managed and accessible to all.
- You will manage the preparation of case files and decide the appropriate enforcement action and will assist the organisation and leading on the COVID 19 recovery, both internally and externally.
- Collectively and corporately, work with their peer group, senior managers, teams and individuals including Councillors and partners, to integrate and transform delivery in order to improve outcomes for people and places within the district.
- Lead on key aspects of performance management, managing individual and team performance to maximise contributions
- Participate in the full range of organisational activity including the development of corporate strategic priorities, the interpretation and translation into service delivery and achievement of outcomes.
- Ensure that the fundamental core activities are carried out well, teams are appropriately supported, and take pride in their core management skill.
- Provide expert professional, operational and technical management advice, support and guidance to Management Team, Members, peer Corporate Managers and Service Delivery Teams.
- Collaborate with other Corporate Managers to ensure consistency of operational delivery.
- Participate fully in change management processes to ensure that initiatives achieve anticipated service improvements.
- Effectively manage resources including budgets, staff, contracts, information and intelligence to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
- Lead a range of projects and programmes, as discussed and defined with Assistant
- Directors/Management Team – these may be cross-cutting and/or service specific;
- Participate in the development of corporate strategic priorities and determine with
- Assistant Directors the specific operational activities needed to deliver strategic objectives and outcomes.
- Educated to degree standard or with a comparable level of experience Management qualification e.g. DMS or equivalent managerial experience
- Evidence of professional/technical expertise in at least one service you will be managing and having directly and effectively contributed technical and/or professional expertise to a significant initiative or project
- Experience of successful partnership and/or collaborative working incorporating a range of organisations which may include the statutory, voluntary and community sectors
- Experience of managing a range of resources including IT, budgets and funding streams.
- Excellent and adaptive communication skills including experience of negotiating and influencing
- Overt commitment to openness, inclusiveness and integrity evidenced in a range of working environments where highly effective working relationships have been built with Members, colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Politically astute, with significant previous experience of working with Elected Members in a range of local government environments
- Tenacious and resourceful: can challenge with confidence, understands and can work with ambiguity
- Can demonstrate previous success in motivating and developing teams and individuals, including evidence of effective delegation
- Voting membership of the CIEH or Considerable experience at a senior level in environmental health food and safety regulation or environmental protection or licensing
- Sound knowledge and experience in the general principles of criminal law and enforcement practice and knowledge across the wide range of environmental health functions
- Knowledge of licensing legislation, policy and practice, be able to represent the Council’s through the presentation and preparation of written and oral reports/evidential statements and training/court/hearing presentations.
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8125 432