Our client in London is recruiting for an experienced Trading Standards Officer on an initial 3 month contract.
Hourly rate - £35-£45
- Investigate complaints alleging breaches of legislation.
- Compile reports of offences in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act. Prepare case for Court and give evidence in Magistrates or Crown Court as necessary by liaising with solicitors or barristers.
- Lead in agreed team projects.
- Provide a comprehensive advice service to consumers in order to appropriately inform consumers of their legal position.
- Prepare and participate in outreach activities relating to advice, education, information and training.
- Carry out inspections of retail trade outlets, advise in respect of appropriate legislation and deal with infringements of the law as necessary.
- Diploma in Consumer Affairs, DCATS or equivalent.
- Wide working knowledge of current consumer protection legislation and technical subjects.
- Good working knowledge of current investigation techniques.
- Familiarity with Windows NT and Trading Standards software.
- Good working knowledge of legislation and practices associated with the provision of a consumer advice service.
- Experience in carrying out inspections, sampling, investigations (complaints and pro-active) and provision of consumer/business advice.
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8125 432