BE PART OF SOMETHING GREAT!
Senior Officer, Pollution Control
Environmental Health Service
£31,229 - £35,730 per annum, 37 Hours per week
Vacancy Number PUB157.1
About the role…
This exciting and varied role would be ideal for someone looking to develop their career. You would be working closely with a team of Environmental Health professionals using your expert knowledge to carry out case work and projects.
In this role you will take responsibility for complex pollution investigations and planning consultation work. It is a key role shared across three districts and covers statutory duties in environmental protection, air pollution, industrial pollution control and local air quality management. You will specialise in air pollution where you will lead on local air quality management and action plan development, and be responsible for local authority air pollution and integrated pollution prevention and control.
Your high level of expert knowledge means you can provide technical expertise, advice and direction to internal and external customers when solving problems and managing risks.
You will need…
- A Relevant Degree, or equivalent experience
- Relevant post graduate experience and/or qualification
- Experience of being involved in continuously improving services and developing products to meet customer need
- Ability to remain calm and confident when dealing with challenging customers and environments
- Ability to resolve complex issues by negotiation
- Deliver commitments and take ownership of own caseload, reshaping of plans to deliver required outcomes
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position please contact Phil Measures on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
Closing Date for CV’s: Monday 25th October 2021 at Midnight
Interview Date: Week commencing 1st November 2021
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to email@example.com
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.