Our client in East London is seeking 2x Statutory Nuisance Officers to join their Environmental Protection Team on an interim contract to carry out duties pertaining to nuisance and noise.
- To undertake inspections, surveys and investigations and to take appropriate action with respect to the Council’s duties and responsibilities under Environmental Health legislation.
- To investigate nuisance and anti-social behavioural complaints (not just noise) and deal effectively with service requests, both within and outside normal working hours as reasonably required.
- To take proportionate enforcement action, where this is warranted.
- To collect and prepare evidence for legal proceedings to be taken by the Council. To recommend legal action where appropriate and to act as a witness in such cases.
- To undertake to monitor, collection of data (mostly sound recording) interpret results and implement the most appropriate course of action.
- As reasonably required, undertake out of hours visits in order to maintain appropriate service levels outside normal office hours.
- MSc, Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or Environmental Protection related subject.
- Experience working in a local authority Environmental Health department particularly in the Pollution Team.
- A Diploma in Acoustics is advantageous.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for this role and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org