Our client in the East of England is looking to appoint a Community Engagement team leader to help build relationships in the community that will support the delivery of essential Covid19 and health and wellbeing messages that will keep the whole community safe.
The post holder will be expected to maintain a good working knowledge of health and aspects of public health protection especially in relation to Covid-19. The post holder needs to have an aptitude for learning and information retention. He or she will need the ability to grasp new complex issues quickly, and have the ability to determine the key points.
1. Provide leadership to drive improvement in health outcomes and the reduction of health inequalities in relation to COVID-19
2. Lead on identifying and mapping key communities, demographics, groups, leaders and influencers.
3. Building understanding of the Council's overall health and wellbeing issues, based on data and insight, and establishing the pressing health inequalities facing those communities.
4. Establishing relationships so they are sustainable and resilient beyond the current pandemic, providing a good foundation for future, wider public health and wellbeing initiatives in the borough.
5. Writing briefings and reports for senior leadership team and members.
This is a very customer facing role so you must have excellent interpersonal skills alongside effective communication. This role will require you to be on site within the borough so proximity to the role must be considered. The assignment will last for 3 months initially, with a likely extension thereafter and the Pay is £28/hour umbrella.