Our client in the East of England is seeking Energy Efficiency Assessor (Housing) to join its team.
- To identify rented properties without valid Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) or which fail to meet the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) for letting.
To contact landlords, inform of responsibilities, provide advice and negotiate to ensure compliance with MEES.
- Carry out surveys of properties as appropriate and produce condition reports. Discuss financial assistance / grants and encourage landlords to carry out improvements.
- Research associated legislation and guidance.
- Initiate enforcement proceedings by preparing and service of notices.
- Working collaboratively with professional teams (internal and external) on multi-disciplined projects.
- Working with the occupiers of residential buildings during periods when specific works are being undertaken
- Maintain records and provide progress reports along with key performance indicator reporting.
- Be responsible for planning and prioritising own workload both reactive and programmed to ensure that corporate customer service standards are achieved.
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate records and information relating to inspections, caseloads etc on the Council’s software systems and property files.
- Use data from the software system provide reports to the Manager on projects for which
the post holder has been assigned responsibility
- Relevant qualification or experience in building surveying or construction related discipline
- Qualification in retrofit energy efficiency improvements
- Domestic Energy Assessment Qualification
- HHSRS practitioner
- Previous experience of surveying properties of all types and ages including listed buildings, and producing house condition reports
- Knowledge and experience of energy improvement works
- Previous experience in providing advise and guidance on improvements identified by EPCs.
- An understanding of the PAS2035 and how to implement improvements from a whole house, fabric first approach.
- Up-to-date knowledge of regulation and the ability to enforce with regard to health & safety, and in particular asbestos, CDM and tenant safety.
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8125 4321