Our client in Northamptonshire is recruiting for an Environmental Protection Officer to advise and give guidance on environmental health matters, in particular, relating to environmental permitting to start ASAP for an interim contract.
· Carry out the Councils enforcement responsibilities under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 as determined by Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
· Carry out the Councils enforcement responsibilities under the Pollution Prevention and Control Act 1990 and other associated legislation as relevant to the Environmental Protection Section, as determined by the Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
· Undertake acoustic assessments and noise surveys with reference to relevant British and Industry Standards. Authoring expert acoustic reports for the purpose of providing evidence in support of criminal and civil proceedings.
· Produce lead statements and legal files for criminal and civil proceedings
· Act as a professional and expert witness in the field of acoustics and noise nuisance
· Reviewing technical noise reports for planning applications etc.
· Previous experience working within environmental protection for a local authority
NB - This can be done either full or part-time. Paying £33.50 per hour
To register your interest, please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8125 4321