Our client in South London is looking to appoint a Commissioning Manager (strategic sourcing) - with focus on ASC and Public Health. In this role you will report directly to the Corporate Head of Service for Commissioning and Procurement and play a key role in ensuring commissioning and procurement governance, compliance and good practice within the team and wider Council.
Your role will include:
* To lead, manage and monitor the commissioning of high quality services across a range of Council spend areas
* To deliver high value/high risk procurement projects including market engagement, tendering, evaluation and contract execution
* identify opportunities for cost reduction through the implementation of alternative commercial solutions
* To engage with providers to deliver significant procurement and operational efficiencies, including financial savings
* To understand, shape and manage markets to ensure sustainable services are in place
* To provide professional procurement leadership and advice to stakeholders across the council
* To develop and maintain best practice commissioning, procurement and contract management arrangements in the Council, working with staff to review and transform existing practice.
The role will be for 3 months initially, with a likely extension thereafter and the pay rate is £400/day umbrella