Our client in the North West of England is looking for a Licensing Officer to join the team there whereby you will administer the licensing of a range of activities which are the responsibility of the Council.
1. To administer the licensing of a range of activities which are the responsibility of the Council (e.g. taxis, private hire vehicles, small lotteries, liquor, regulated entertainment, street collection and gambling premises and permits), together with such other activities as may become the responsibility of the Council from time to time and which may be delegated to the postholder.
2. To investigate and report on unlicensed activities including preparing any necessary statements and evidence which may be required in connection with enforcement proceedings.
3. To ensure compliance with licence conditions including liaising with other departments of the Council and external agencies and carrying out any necessary inspection and enforcement action within the powers of the Council.
4. To attend and give evidence at proceedings in the Magistrates and Crown Courts and any other relevant court or tribunal.
5. Dealing with and investigating complaints from the public and elected Members in connection with licensing matters.
6. Create, develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and those using the Licensing Team.
Candidates must have:
* Knowledge of the legislation covering the licensing detailed above
* Experience of enforcement
* Competent in understanding the collection and handing of evidence,
* Detailed understanding of RIPA and PACE
* Good communication skills
* Experience of using Lalpac
This role will be for 3 months initially and whilst there will be some remote work permitted, you will be expected on site in the borough as well, this includes some evenings and weekends. The pay for this role is £25-£30/hour umbrella