Folkestone & Hythe District Council
Environmental Health and Licensing Senior Specialist
£ 43,000 - £49,000 plus £3,900 car allowance
Folkestone & Hythe District Council is committed to developing the prosperity and wellbeing of the communities we serve. We offer the best possible community support and engagement to enable all within our community to reach their full potential.
That goes for you too. This is a real opportunity to make a difference in a busy and demanding service area for a forward-thinking authority in one of the nicest parts of the country.
About the role
Managing and inspiring a team of Environmental Health (Commercial), Licensing and EHO Health and Safety officers, you’ll ensure effective service delivery to the area and our residents. Your focus and dedication will cover the following areas: food and safety, EHO health and safety, infectious disease, animal welfare, general environmental health issues.
With overall responsibility for writing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing our Environmental Health (Commercial) and Licensing strategies, policies and procedures, you’ll also have an impact on sub-regional strategies and oversee events process to ensure licensing requirements are met.
To succeed in this challenging and rewarding role, you’ll need A-C Maths and English GCSE, Level 2 literacy and numeracy (or equivalent), or recent and relevant experience that demonstrates proficiency in English and Maths. You’ll also bring a degree in Environmental Health, with a certificate of registration with EHORB, and have experience of working in a senior environmental health role. With Individual Membership of CIEH, you’ll be a self-starter with the ability to work well as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
Recognised by Best Companies as an outstanding place to work, we can offer you a chance to thrive, develop and make a lasting impact on Folkestone and its surrounding areas. Benefits of working for us include:
- A culture that actively promotes and encourages flexible working.
- Annual leave allowance that increases with service.
- Employee Assistance Programme, including access to funded counselling sessions and health and wellbeing, legal and financial advice for both staff and their dependents.
- Corporate memberships schemes.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Staff recognition and service awards.
- Learning and development funding and opportunities.
- Town centre location within walking distance of transport links, local shops, entertainment facilities, and seafront.
If you’re ready to make an impact in a place that will bring out the best in you, join us.