Our client in Surrey is looking to appoint a Licensing Officer to join the team there. The role will allow for home working but on site visits across the borough will be needed.
You will be responsible for administering and enforcing a variety of licensing, registration and permit regimes, including those related to hackney carriage and private hire vehicles; alcohol, entertainments and late night refreshments; gambling premises and lotteries; charity collections; animal establishments, scrap metal and street trading.
1. To administer applications for the grant, renewal, transfer and variation of a variety of licenses, registrations and permits.
2. To liaise with various external and internal departments and agencies including police, fire service, Disclosure and Barring Service, etc. and to maintain public registers of licenses issued.
3. To carry out associated licensing enforcement responsibilities including responding to complaints, carrying out routine inspections, interviewing witnesses and licensees and others. These duties may include formal interviews of individuals subject to potential criminal prosecution under caution; preparing committee reports, files of evidence and statements; giving evidence at the licensing committee and magistrates and other appropriate courts acting as a witness or investigating officer.
4. To assist in providing a comprehensive licensing service, including contributing to the formation, review and update of license conditions and policies.
5. To conduct interviews and investigations in order to support the licensing regimes and to undertake enforcement where breaches are identified.
This assignment is for a period of 6 months and the rate is £25-£30/hour.