Our client in North London is looking to appoint a Licensing Enforcement Officer to contribute to the delivery of Licensing functions within Environmental Health, Business and Consumer Services including leading effective investigations and resolution of cases. You will also carry out routine or unplanned visits and inspections to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
1. To contribute to the development, implementation and enforcement policies in connection with the licensing core function.
2. Determine the most appropriate intervention to be taken to resolve a request for assistance, whether this be informal or initiating legal proceedings involving the preparation and giving evidence in court.
3. To keep abreast of all relevant new and draft legislation, advice, regulations, training updates and other developments relevant to delivering the Council's Licensing Service.
4. To make representations regarding licence applications as the responsible public authority and attend licensing panels to support
5. To be self-directing and to take responsibility for their own learning and development and be confident to identify opportunities for innovation to improve the service in terms of creating and improving policies and procedures, particularly through the evaluation and review of case work performance and customer feedback.
6. To assist in the identification, design and delivery of projects that improve the services response to reducing risks and impact of noncompliance with legislation on the community.
For this assignment it is essential that you have relative Licensing Enforcement experience within a Local Authority. The role is for an initial 3 months with a likely extension thereafter. The pay rate is £25-£30/hour umbrella.