Job: Commercial Food & Safety Officer
Location: Camborne, Cornwall
Salary: £29,395 - £36,921
Closing Date: 26th September 2021
Cornwall provides the perfect opportunity for commercially minded Food Safety professionals to work and live. These roles could see you working in one of the most beautiful parts of the country for one of the largest Unitary Authorities in England and living a lifestyle where you can head to the beach or into the spectacular countryside after work. But will Cornwall really challenge you, or provide you with any new experiences? We think it will! We have over 9000 food business, 160 of which are Approved Premises, spread over 1,376 square miles. There are a broad range of seasonal events and activities that come with being a popular international destination, and there is also the benefit of working for a Council that is geared towards protecting our residents and supporting our businesses through a sustainable approach to providing regulatory solutions.
Our Service is…
• Striving to protect and support our local economy and residents, by working positively with local businesses and communities.
• Driving business growth through developing partnerships and support networks;, and where necessary using targeted and robust enforcement action to ensure a level playing field.
• Embracing a supportive ethos towards businesses and promoting the commercial advantages of good regulatory compliance.
• Innovative in providing non-statutory business support services on a cost recovery basis.
• Aiming to ensure high level of technical expertise across those regulatory functions that are relevant to the county’s needs
We are looking for a Commercial Food & Safety Officer based in Camborne to manage a geographical district in West Cornwall.
You will work alongside a highly experienced group of officers who are knowledgeable, dedicated and hardworking, who protect the public whilst exploring innovative ways of providing a sustainable regulatory service.
The district delivery teams are within the Food & Safety team which delivers Event Planning, Health & Safety and Food Safety regulatory support to businesses and members of the public. The Food & Safety team is part of a Unit within the Communities and Public Protection Service (CPP) which comprises team members from other disciplines such as Port Health, Trading Standards, Registration Service and Animal Health, who work closely with colleagues in the wider CPP team who cover Licensing, Libraries, Parking Enforcement, Localism and Community Safety. Integration between the disciplines is not only encouraged but fully supported.
Of course it is not all work in Cornwall, we offer a hybrid working environment, a flexi hours system and one of the most beautiful parts of the country to work in. If you would like to discuss the roles or have any questions, then please call Nick Kelly (Food & Safety Manager) on 07528983450.
This position will be subject to a criminal record disclosure check.