Our client in South London is looking to appoint a Licensing Officer to professionally carry out inspections, investigate complaints and take enforcement action under relevant licensing legislation in a stepped approach in accordance with the RSP Enforcement policy. This may include Street Trading, Licensing Act 2003 Alcohol Licences and Massage and Special Treatment Premises.
Main Duties to Include:
1. To have an understanding of relevant legislation enforced by the RSP Licensing service.
2. To investigate enquiries and service requests within the timescales set by the RSP.
3. To inspect, examine and conduct observations of premises for compliance with all related licensing legislation and licence conditions attached to licences and produce reports relating to this work.
4. To maintain essential records, both paper and electronic, of related licensing work and to carry out any other necessary administrative work as requested by the Licensing Team Manager.
5. To serve summonses and give evidence of behalf of an Authority in Magistrates Court and Crown Court as necessary.
The ideal candidate will be a good communicator, both orally and in writing, calm, measured and have an eye for written detail. Experience in businesses advice and or enforcement would be an advantage.
This role is for 3 months initially with a pay rate of £25/hour. The role is a mix of office based, home based and field work.