Environmental Health - Food Safety Officer
Permanent, 18.5 hours per week
£33,782 to £36,922 (pro rata to hours worked)
Based in Yate, Nr Bristol
How you will make a difference
As an Environmental Health Food Safety Officer you’ll make a difference by using your skills and expertise to ensure satisfactory delivery of services aimed at protecting residents, businesses and communities by providing statutory environmental health services.
What you will be doing?
- This is a risk-based service involving preventive and reactive actions in response to breaches of statutory requirements and provisions to address statutory needs, in order to protect health and the environment.
- You will be required to prepare for and answer to major incidents.
- You will be expected to lead on one or more functional areas or projects, using your skills and knowledge to train or support other teams.
- Daily you’ll be responding to service requests and undertaking inspections, interventions and proactive activities in line with the Council’s agreed policies and procedures.
- You may be required to work as part of the environmental health emergency Out of Hours rota. This applies to emergencies only and will only be invoked should the service not be able to be provided on a voluntary basis.
What we need from you
- You will hold a relevant professional degree level qualification, or equivalent
- It essential that you have experience of an area of Environment Health.
- You will have a strong ability to communicate, influence and negotiate outcomes critical to service delivery, as well as the ability to translate technical issues to facilitate the understanding of non-technical audiences.
- The role will require you to have experience in Environment Health processes and procedures.
- You will be able to manage your workload, prioritise and respond to demands to ensure both customer satisfaction and legislative requirements are met.
- You’ll have experience in taking the lead in an area of Environmental Health.
For further details and to apply please visit Environmental Health Food Safety Officer in Yate - South Gloucestershire Council (southglos.gov.uk)