Our client in the North West is looking to appoint a Head of Service - Safeguarding Children's Social Care. The post holder will report into the Assistant Executive Director for Children's Social Care and will be responsible for the effective delivery of the core service in relation to children in need, child protection, children looked after, care leavers, permanence and provision, ensuring compliance will statutory and regulatory requirements, Council strategies, safeguarding policies and quality standards.
Purpose of the job:
1. To provide operational management responsibility for the delivery of services in relation to Children in Need, Child Protection, Children in Care services (including adoption, care leavers and regulated Services) ensuring the Council fulfils its statutory duties. Principal responsibilities will also include: -
2. Providing strategic leadership for Children's Social Care through a collaborative framework with Officers, Members and Stakeholders.
3. Providing a significant contribution towards the achievement of the vision of the Council.
4. Supporting the Senior Management Team in strategically commissioning services from internal and external partners, identifying appropriate patterns of service provision to meet community needs at a high level and shaping these requirements in line with corporate priorities.
5. Supporting the Senior Management Team in translating strategic leadership into tangible outcomes within Children's Services and across the wider organisation.
6. Providing the link between front line operational services and staff and the Senior Management team and strategic development.
For this assignment it is essential that you have experience and proven track record as a manager with involvement in front line delivery of services to children and families.
The contract is for an initial 3 month period and the Pay rate is £350 - £400/day umbrella