Our client is a part of a a major retail and commercial bank and they are looking to appoint a Senior Health, Safety & Environment Consultant to be based in Southampton.
You'll be providing detailed and authoritative health, safety and environmental best practice advice to a portfolio of high value, commercial customers.
As a Senior Health, Safety & Environment Consultant, you'll be developing best practice in the delivery of customers services and solutions, combining health, safety and environmental expertise and commercial issues with a focus on client needs across industry sectors.
1. Understanding customers' needs and providing advice, consultancy services, training services and written documents in support of their business plans and in mitigation of risk
2. Identifying, accurately pricing and delivering additional consultancy and training services for the customer
3. Managing client retention and renewal pricing conversations for your own portfolio and in support of others
4. Developing, progressing and concluding new business opportunities through the identification of opportunities from existing clients or referrals, working with colleagues, networking, attending events and generating marketing opportunities
5. Adopting a commercial approach to all customer interactions, existing and new.
To undertake this assignment it is ESSENTIAL that you have a safety, health and environmental professional with an NEBOSH diploma or equivalent and CMIOSH as well as an NEBOSH Environmental diploma or equivalent and PIEMA. You'll also need extensive experience in safety, health and environment in a professional role, and you'll be conversant with dynamically changing regulatory requirements.
Additionally, you'll need experience of working in a commercial situation with relationship management up to a director level, along with skilled probing and professional judgement and experience of dealing with the provision of advice in complex matters.
This is a permanant position within an ever growing, globally recognised company that offers fantastic career progression and benefits, so this is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to further their career.
Whilst there are elements of the role that can be done from home, you will need to be on site visits and client meetings regularly and could be looking up to a portfolio of up to 18/19 clients. With that in mind, you MUST have a full drivers license and the client would like for the post holder to be in close proximity to Southampton, so please keep that in mind when applying.
This is a Perm position and the salary is £45K-£50K with a possible 20% bonus on top, along with a 4K car allowance and other company benefits.