Our client in North London is looking to appoint an experienced Programme Lead to join the Childrens Services team there whereby you will be working with a variety of stakeholders to identify and scope projects across the Children Directorate. This will include ensuring that the right project management control systems are in place, to oversee the successful delivery of a portfolio of spend to save projects within children's social care.
The post holder will take senior level responsibility for system wide development and delivery of multiple Children's Services programmes and also undertake an operational management role as well as providing ad hoc resource when required. Within a relatively small team the post holder will be expected to demonstrate a large degree of flexibility around roles and to support colleagues whenever required.
1. To work with all system partners to deliver effective change for the benefit of our children, young people and their families and to support the complex transformation agenda across the service
2. To facilitate transformation and system service improvement through the application of high levels of specialist knowledge around the children and young people's agenda
3. To be responsible for identifying, defining and delivering programmes of work to cost and time and within a sometimes-complex system governance structure
4. To take responsibility for operational management of services and to address systemic ad hoc needs as required
5. To ensure that the importance of the children and young people's agenda is recognised at all levels and to be a champion for the needs and aspirations of our young people and their families.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have extensive knowledge of Childrens Services, experience of managing a team and also a comprehensive experience of project principles techniques and tools such as Prince 2 and Managing Successful Projects.
This role sits outside IR35, is for 3-6 months minimum and the pay rate is £475/day .