Environmental Health Officer (Housing)
Allerdale Borough Council, Cumbria (serving the borough of Allerdale including the Lake District National Park)
Salary: £29,577 to £32,910 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, rising to 28 after 2 years and 31 after 5 years plus bank holidays, flexi-time – no set start and finish times, generous Local Government Pension Scheme and a range of wellbeing benefits
Hours: 37 per week – flexi-time
Location: Base of work in Workington, however time spent will be between in the community, office and home
Closing date: 30 August 2021 at 17:00
We have an exciting opportunity to join our forward thinking and innovative council supporting the borough of Allerdale including part of the Lake District National Park. This role will be responsible for undertaking the Council’s functions in relation to housing and health related activity.
Key duties of the post will include:-
- To execute a personal caseload related to the professional work of the Service to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and compliance with Service standards, policies and procedures
- To be responsible for carrying out visits and inspections, taking enforcement action including preparing and issuing formal notices, permits, licences, certificates, registrations, statutory letters and documents, and, gathering and presenting evidence in court, tribunals and public inquiries
- To be responsible for monitoring and updating information systems and producing reports and statistical information as required.
- To assist in the management of all employee related matters within the team to ensure adherence to Council policies and practices.
- To liaise with others internally and externally, provide professional advice, support and report to senior management and attend meetings as necessary.
- To be responsible for the development, implementation and review of special projects and assigned tasks to include promotional, advisory, innovative and educational activities.
- To undertake out of hour’s work as and when required.
- To maintain an up to date professional knowledge of appropriate legal, technical and social issues to ensure the delivery of an effective quality service.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- To deliver the service within the Council’s values and behaviours and its performance management framework.
- To actively assist in the identification and introduction of new systems and techniques to improve the way the council works and to generate efficiencies.
Full benefits available:-
- Flexible working – no set start and finish times with the majority of the role worked from home.
- Starting annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum plus bank holidays rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Option to purchase additional annual leave and accrue further leave via the Council’s flexi-time policy
- Generous pension scheme
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme
- Family friendly initiatives such as enhanced maternity allowance, occupational maternity/paternity/adoption pay, shared parental leave and childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Access to Occupational Health and counselling services
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted optical care
- The opportunity to take 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Free parking
- And working for us of course – we are a friendly team with a passion for what we do!!
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit our website https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/jobs/environmental-health/environmental-health-officer-housing/