Housing Improvement Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Our client in South London is seeking a Housing Improvement Manager to come in for an interim 6-month contract.
· To support the Head of Service in respect of planning, monitoring and reviewing of the aims, objectives, activities and performance of the Housing Improvement Team
· Responsible for the day to day management of the Home Improvement Team, including performance targets; priorities, team and individual targets and objectives and ensure that these are proactively monitored and managed to ensure they are met.
· Ensure effective monitoring, data reporting and completion of government returns and freedom of information requests within required deadlines.
· Ensure Team Members are kept informed of relevant Strategies, including Corporate Values, complaints handling, Financial Regulations, Health and Safety matters and their responsibilities in relation to equality.
· Provide advice and information to colleagues, the Public, Councillors, Partner and other organisations and bodies on matters relating to the work of the Team. Represent the Division as required at both local and national. Network with other service areas and external agencies and promote greater awareness of housing issues and services in all sectors to establish good relationships and effective partnership working to ensure common goals are achieved.
· Previous experience within a local authority in a similar role is essential.
· Good understanding of Building construction and defects and of procurement of building service.
· Experience or in-depth knowledge of private sector housing enforcement, grants, energy efficiency activity, dealing with empty properties and houses in multiple occupation.
· Qualified Environmental Health Officer or Surveyor or at least 5 years experience at a suitable level in a private sector/grants housing service.
To register your interest, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8125 4321.
Apply for Housing Improvement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly