Interim Public Health Consultant
Our client in Berkshire is looking to appoint an interm Public Health Consultant. The post holder will be dually accountable - Professionally to the Borough Council via the Director of Public Health and managerially to the Executive Director People (Adults).
1. Lead on improving the health and wellbeing of the residents of the borough in line with the Council's vision, goals and objectives, which are underpinned by the statutory duty placed on local government.
2. Take responsibility for delivering the strategic objectives of both the Council and the Health & Wellbeing Board, acting as a change agent to enable delivery of relevant outcome indicators from the public health, NHS and social care outcome frameworks.
3. Will work with elected members and the Council leadership team and across organisations. They will be able to influence budgets held by those organisations as well as advocate for change effectively. The Consultant will work with the Strategic Director of Public Health , The Public Health Hub and Public Health Consultant colleagues in the other unitary authorities.
1. Lead on the Public Health COVID 19 response and recovery, including reporting to Silver and the borough's Health Protection Board
2. Provide oversight and leadership for:
o Community Testing Programme
o Local Contact Tracing Team
o Any surge testing required
o Transmission Action Plan
o Chair Community IMT with PHE
This assignment will be an initial 6 month contract - The pay for this role will be £600 - £750 depending on experience.