Principal Public Health Specialist
Our client in East London is looking to appoint a Principal Public Health Specialist. As a Principal Public Health Specialist, the post holder will work closely with the
Consultants in Public Health and the Director of Public Health to improve health
outcomes and reduce health inequalities in the borough.
1. To have lead responsibility for specified areas of work and named programmes but
be able to work across all domains of public health as and when required to do so
and with additional training and support if necessary.
2. To provide support and, where appropriate, leadership for the development of the
strategic approach to public health in the borough and the CoL as articulated in key
strategies and plans.
3. To lead on the translation of specified policies and strategies into delivery and
actions to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequalities.
4. To lead on the initiation, design and development of specified evidence based,
cost effective public health services, ensuring appropriate clinical governance
policies are in place when required
5. To lead the development of specified partnerships and to act as a business
partner to other services areas, within and out with the Council including with the
City and borough's Integrated Commissioning system, ensuring that key parties and
organisations understand their contribution to improving health outcomes and
For this assignment it is essential that you are educated to postgraduate level in public health or a related subject area or equivalent experience within public health or a related field. Alongside this, you must also have a comprehensive knowledge of public health principles and methodologies and substantial experience at a senior level in a public health or related post.
This role is for a minimum of 3 monthsand the rate (umbrella) is £450 - £500/day