Public Health Consultant
Our client in East London is looking to appoint a Public Health Consultant. This post is required as part of the Covid-19 response. The post holder's primary role will be to lead elements of the Covid-19 Plan (the borough's outbreak control plan). Working with a 0.6 WTE consultant- you will lead public health work covering elements of the local outbreak plan management:
1. Implementation of local outbreak management plan
2. COVID-19 data analysis
3. Testing - PCR and lateral flow testing plan
4. Vaccination - public health input to vaccination programme
5. Local test and trace implementation
6. Hyperlocal response to prevention and outbreak management
7. Community engagement
You will be expected to:
Participate in the organisation's staff appraisal scheme and departmental audit, and ensure appraisal and development of any staff for which s/he is responsible
Contribute actively to the training programme for Foundation Year Doctors/ Specialty Registrars in Public Health as appropriate, and to the training of practitioners, primary care professionals and others
Pursue a programme of CPD, in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements, or other recognised body, and undertake revalidation, audit or other measures required to remain on the GMC/GDC Specialist Register or the UK Public Health (Specialist) Register or other specialist register as appropriate.
It is essential that you have a......
1. High level of understanding of epidemiology and statistics, public health practice, health promotion, health economics and health care evaluation.
2. Understanding of NHS and local government cultures, structures and policies.
3. Knowledge of methods of developing clinical quality assurance, quality improvement and evidence based clinical and/or public health practice.
4. Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List/UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists
The pay rate for this role is £700 - £750/day