Environmental Protection Officer
Our client in South London is seeking a Statutory Nuisance Officer to join their Environmental Protection Team on a 10-month contract to carry out duties pertaining to nuisance and noise. This role is open due to Maternity Leave.
- To undertake inspections, surveys and investigations and to take appropriate action with respect to the Council’s duties and responsibilities under Environmental Health legislation.
- To investigate nuisance and anti-social behavioural complaints (not just noise) and deal effectively with service requests, both within and outside normal working hours as reasonably required.
- To take proportionate enforcement action, where this is warranted.
- To collect and prepare evidence for legal proceedings to be taken by the Council. To recommend legal action where appropriate and to act as a witness in such cases.
- To undertake to monitor, collection of data (mostly sound recording) interpret results and implement the most appropriate course of action.
- As reasonably required, undertake out of hours visits in order to maintain appropriate service levels outside normal office hours.
- MSc, Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or Environmental Protection related subject.
- Experience working in a local authority Environmental Health department particularly in the Pollution Team.
- A Diploma in Acoustics is advantageous.
To register your interest, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 020 8125 4321.
Apply for Environmental Protection Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly